Monday 27 August 2012

Review - Too Much Trouble in Paradise by Michelle Betham

A fabulous comedy romance in the sun.  What more can you ask for?

Molly lives and works in Tenerife and is engaged to be married to gorgeous, generous and loving spaniard Antonio.  Her best mate Fran, also divorced, lives nearby and they have a pretty damn good life.  Molly used to be a DWAG (darts wife and girlfriend) to Paul  a darts professional, out of whose backside she used to think the sun shone until she divorced him when she found out that he was unfaithful to her.  

When her ex-husband turns up in Tenerife, declaring his undying love for her, asking her to go back to the UK with him to try to make it work all over again, she's confused and really doesn't know what to do.  Should she stay with Antonio, who makes her happy and adores her or should she try again with Paul, who, deep down, she has always been madly in love with.  But can she ever trust him again?

The trials and tribulations of should she, shouldn't she, make this a fabulous book to read, one that will take you away from anything you are currently doing and transporting you right into a starring role in the story in this sunny little bit of paradise.   

The way that Michelle describes the life that Molly and Fran live in Tenerife made me want to book a flight, pack my bags and go and join these wonderfully colourful characters in Paco's bar and watch the world go by. I'd quite like a job at Sunset Heights as well - sounds like a blast!

I really enjoyed the vivid and colourful descriptions of the places in Tenerife that they visited and it reminded me very much of a holiday I once had there, the only time I have ever been, but I think that Michelle has painted some very lovely pictures in my mind which I'll definitely be looking out for if I ever go there again! In fact after reading this book, I want to go RIGHT NOW!

The character descriptions of both Spanish Antonio and Geordie Paul were fabulous, conjuring up two very handsome but very different men and I could understand why Molly found it so difficult to choose between them.  The electric current which ran between Molly and Paul was described so well, that you could almost feel it yourself. 

I loved the character of Fran, someone you would definitely want on your side, routing for you, and the storyline was one that had you guessing what was going to happen right till the very end. 

I read this book in two sittings, because I couldn't wait to find out who she was going to choose - I'm so impatient!  And Michelle's writing left me wanting more and more of this great and funny romantic story.  And I loved all the references to Take That! Made me giggle as I was and am a massive fan!

A thoroughly enjoyable book which certainly took me to an island of sun and laughter, on this miserable, rainy, dark and dismal August Bank Holiday Monday. 

Michelle Betham was born and bred in the North East of England, although did live in Tenerife for a couple of years.  She loves darts (especially Paul Nicholson), Take That, Keanu Reeves and wine.  Sounds like a lady after my own heart.  She admits to being addicted to reality TV and loves reading books of all types of genre.  

You can follow Michelle on Twitter
Follow her blog at michellebethamwriter.blogspot.co.uk

Buy this book via Amazon UK

No comments: