Tuesday 27 August 2013

Review - Secrets and Rain by Cally Taylor

 I’m not a massive fan of short stories.  For no other reason than there’s not enough for me to get my teeth into and just as I’m getting into the story, it's over.  

Have to say that fab author Cally Taylor has completely changed my view with her collection of twelve amazing short stories about life, love and loss called 'Secrets and Rain' which shot straight to #2 in Amazon.co.uk's Women Writers & Fiction Short Story Chart on the day of release.

I actually emailed Cally after I'd read the first story telling her how it touched my heart and how I sat sobbing for ages.  I was stunned that this was the effect this author had on me after just one of her stories and I had another 11 to go! I knew that by the end I would be an emotional wreck!  I was a big brave girl though and built up to starting Story Number 2 and then reading more and each and every story was completely amazing in it's own right looking at life from various perspectives and how different people deal with the situations in their lives.  More sobbing followed! Perhaps I'm just a bit emotional right now! 

If you decide that you would like to buy this book, and I highly recommend that you do, please do be prepared to have at least one box of tissues at the ready.  There will be tears!  I can however also promise lots of love, laughter and hope!

An absolutely brilliant collection of short stories.  And maybe even one that I'll go back to from time to time, just to remind myself of all the wonderful gut-wrenching and heart-lifting stories.  

Cally Taylor is an author who has two writing hats.  Her Cally Taylor hat writes romantic comedies and women’s fiction and when she wears her CL Taylor hat, she writes dark psychological thrillers.

Her international best-selling romantic comedies, Heaven Can Wait and Home For Christmas were published by Orion in the UK and have been translated into 14 different languages.  

Her debut was voted ‘Debut Novel of the Year’ by chicklitreviews and chicklit.com.  Cally’s latest novel The Accident (as CL Taylor) will be published by Avon HarperCollins in June 2014.  

Blog 1: http://writing-about-writing.blogspot.com (for all Cally Taylor news)



Buy 'Secrets and Rain' as an ebook from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com   

No comments: