Friday 1 March 2013

Review - Radio Gaga by Nell Dixon


A breath of fresh air with tons of humour.

Chloe Lark returns home from her job at Live It Up Radio to find that her boyfriend has moved out. It wasn't a massive surprise to her as they were having problems but this was somehow overshadowed by the fact that a really handsome young man had moved in in the flat above her.

Chloe is a radio researcher and part-time presenter for the station and when she is given an opportunity to do more on the radio she feels that her time has come and that life just keeps getting better. All she has to do is find out who her mystery stalker is!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and as I read the last word just had a great big smile on my face.  I was left with that warm fuzzy feeling when you read a great book.

Radio Gaga was fast-paced, hilarious in parts, extremely compelling and incredibly easy to read. It was fresh and exciting. This book had a great storyline and I can honestly say that I was completely flabbergasted at one particular point in the book that I certainly did not see coming. It was definitely an OMG moment.

I read this book over two nights staying up extremely late and not wanting to sleep because I had been drawn into the brilliant storyline so much right from the very first page.

Chloe reminded me a little of Bridget Jones but was actually more likeable. I felt as if I had become one of her friends as I learned more and more about her and her character developed. The places came alive for me too and I felt that there were places that I knew well. Of course I didn't, but Nell's fabulous writing skills made me feel like I did.

Radio Gaga was a fun to read and incredibly entertaining book. This was my first Nell Dixon book and I am absolutely sure will not be my last! I have looked at Nell's website and she has written an amazing huge list of books which are available to buy!

Nell Dixon and her hubby live in the Black Country.  She has three daughters, a tank of tropical fish and a cactus called Spike. Winner of the RNA's  prestigious romance prize in 2007 and 2010, she writes warm-hearted contemporary romance for publishers in the US and the UK.


Find out more about Nell at her website www.nelldixon.com
Follow Nell on Twitter
Like Nell on Facebook
You can buy this book via Amazon UK or Amazon.com
 

No comments: