Monday 27 January 2014

Review - Little Book of BIG Wisdom by Debbie Huxton

This delightful little book is full of hugely inspirational quotes which make you think deeply! Some of them make you think very deeply indeed.  I felt like I "ummed and ahed" all the way through the first time I saw it. 

Seeing these quotes actually written down for the first time was a real revelation for me personally and also made me realise that I wasn't the only person in the world who was having those thoughts.   It made me think about times in my life when I wish Debbie had been sat on my shoulder whispering them into my ear! 

It is perfectly sized to fit in your handbag and is a book that will be permanently on hand for me to whip out each time either myself or one of my friends is having one of those days where a little pick-me-up is needed.   
This is a book that all my friends deserve and I shall certainly be getting some copies as gifts.  

I wish Debbie the best of luck with this book and her future journey inspiring and motivating many other people.  It's a pleasure to meet her.  She is one hell of a lady!  

Debbie lives in the West Midlands with has three grown-up children.

Debbie always knew she wanted to help people.  She began in emergency nursing, but the long, irregular hours and stress played havoc with her family life. It took her 17-year-old son’s attempted suicide to make her realise how unhappy they were.  This was the first BIG wake-up call that set her and her family on a journey of self-discovery.  Her second BIG wake-up call came from the most unlikely source. Whilst still working as a nurse, she befriended an alcoholic.  This friendship led her to make a life-changing pact over his death-bed, to turn her life around, leave nursing and do something that makes her happy.

Debbie has also overcome obesity, losing 6-stone in weight, and bankruptcy, after being sold a business that didn’t exist.

Through it all, she has remained positive and uses her intensely personal experiences to show people - no matter how low you go, there’s always a way up.

Learn more about Debbie’s at her website is www.debbie-huxton.com 
You can buy Debbie’s book by clicking here.

1 comment:

Funkid said...

I have known Debbie for a number of years when she helped us change our mindset and as her first "dieting" clients lost weight, never to put on again. She is an inspiration. Anita